The success of a business, to a large extent, is determined by the marketing strategies. While most businesses focus on bringing more sales, only savvy marketers know that the best way to move ahead is to focus on a deeper aspect than just generating sales – focus on building long-lasting relationships!
You might wonder – how can I build relationships? Well, there are various ways to do so, but one of the most prominent ones is to send automatic birthday emails.
Do you remember that 30 seconds of happiness and a whole day of positivism when someone wishes you on your birthday? This is just how powerful a simple birthday greeting can be.
All This is Fine, But How Will I Send Birthday Emails?
We feel you. Remembering the birthday of each of your customers is not possible. Even if you do somehow, sending an email manually to all of them is tiresome and prone to errors.
Thankfully, you don’t have to adopt any of these age-old methods. All you need to do is automate your email marketing process and send automated birthday emails.
That Sounds Great, Could You Explain the Importance of Automated Birthday Emails?
Sending automated birthday emails might look unnecessary to you at first glance, but they are an ideal opportunity for you to achieve an edge over your competitors.
Here is an in-depth insight:
As we already discussed, automated birthday emails help you in building long-lasting and loyal relationships with your customers.
If just greeting your customers on their birthday is not enough, you can go a notch further and provide them with a birthday-special discount coupon. Believe us, they will go gaga over this gesture of yours, and stick with your brand for the entire life!
Better conversion rates
Your customers might not like to open an email with a subject line We Just Launched Our Winters’ Collection, but they will definitely open an email that says – Here Is a Discount Coupon on Your Birthday, or simple Birthday Greetings from XYZ.
You can feel the drift, right?
Well, this is the reason why automated birthday emails are capable of generating 342% higher revenue per email when compared to promotional emails. What’s more, these emails also get 179% more click rates.
Re-engages dormant customers
Believe us, sending automated birthday emails is one of the best ways through which you can reengage your dormant customers. This is due to the basic nature of these emails – they are not spammy or promotional, but thoughtful.
Best Practices for Sending Automated Birthday Emails
Now that you are convinced to take this ahead, here are some best practices which will help you in doing the things right:
- Sending a single email on the special day of your customer might get lost. They might not like to stick to their screens, they might be holidaying or partying or sleeping, and the chances are high that your email will go unnoticed. This is the reason we will highly recommend you to set up a drip campaign. Start sending emails at least 15-20 days in advance, and build up slowly until the final day.
- To build a sense of urgency, we will highly recommend you to include a stipulated time frame. This could go something like this: Use coupon code BIRTHDAY expires in 5 days from now.
- Take the conversion to the next level by sending your customers a feedback email once they have used their coupons. You could ask them for their feedback, use this opportunity to promote other offers. You can also offer them a coupon for the next purchase which is valid on orders that satisfy a minimum order value. This will serve as an active bait and will help you in closing more sales.
- It is important to keep the focus of your automated email on our customers. Personalize your email, and don’t forget to mention that this is an exclusive birthday offer just for them!
- Design your birthday email properly. You can also take inspiration from our birthday newsletters templates.
The Next Steps
Sending an automated birthday email to your customers is a great way to showcase the human side of your brand. Make them feel connected and show that they are cared for. Reflect that your brand is not only thoughtful but approachable too.
If this strategy brings positive results to you, you can go a step further and also send automated anniversaries emails to your customers.
So, go ahead, and devise a proper strategy.